HDFView 3.3.1 was built and tested with HDF5-1.14.2, HDF 4.2.16-2, and openjdk 19.
* This release provides two ways to install the HDFView pre-built binary distribution for a platform:
- Using an application image. This method simply requires running the provided executable to obtain the software.
- Running an installer. This method runs an installer (eg .exe) that sets up file associations and menu items.
Once you have uncompressed the downloaded pre-built binary file, refer to the provided README file for details.
See Known Problems if you encounter any issues.
Location of Software: https://support.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/releases/HDF-JAVA/hdfview-3.3.1
|File (and sha256 file)||Type||Operating System||Comment|
|hdfview-3.3.1.tar.gz (sha256)||Source Code||Unix||Compressed source. Build Instructions|
|hdfview-3.3.1.zip (sha256)||Source Code||Windows||Compressed source zip file. Build Instructions|
|Documentation||Unix||HTML; Compressed documentation|
|UsersGuide.zip (sha256)||Documentation||Windows||HTML; Compressed documentation|
|Ready-to-use binaries||Pre-built binaries||Unix and Windows||All pre-built HDFView binary distributions provided|
Known Problems In This Release
- Workaround for issue with launching HDFView:
A path issue which causes HDFView to fail to launch can be resolved by using the included batch script in the binary under the app folder.
- If installing HDFView with the installer method, please be aware that the installer does NOT overwrite "hardcoded" associations. If there is a pre-existing user-defined file association, you must manually associate the extension with the HDFView application.
Please see the Release notes for more information on known problems.