The following topics are broadly applicable in HDF5 applications.
- Dynamic Plugins in HDF5 - Describes the use of dynamic plugins, including dynamically loaded filters, in HDF5. These plugins need not be registered with the HDF5 library.
- Using the Direct Chunk Write Function - Describes another way that chunks can be written to datasets
- Copying Committed Datatypes with H5Ocopy - Describes how to copy to another file a dataset that uses a committed datatype or an object with an attribute that uses a committed datatype so that the committed datatype in the destination file can be used by multiple objects
- HDF5 Metadata - Provides a comprehensive overview of the types of metadata used in HDF5
- HDF5 Data Flow Pipeline for H5Dread - Describes data flow when reading raw data from an HDF5 dataset
- Virtual Dataset - VDS - Describes how to present data stored in several HDF5 datasets and files as a single dataset and access the data using HDF5 APIs (HDF5-1.10)
- Virtual Object Layer - An abstraction layer within the HDF5 library that enables different methods for accessing data and objects that conform to the HDF5 data model
The following topics are of interest in certain limited situations such as when space utilization or performance must be carefully tuned.