- When running configure and then make, errors similar to the following come up:
Macro name H5_PACKAGE_NAME cannot be redefined. "H5_PACKAGE_NAME" is defined on line 312 of ../../src/H5pubconf.h. Macro name H5_PACKAGE_STRING cannot be redefined. ... etc ...
- This indicates that the HDF5 library was being built with the wrong C compiler that does not support MPI. Follow the instructions in the
- file, under the "IBM SP" section. Though it is geared towards a particular IBM installation, it does applies to the Regatta. The only exception is that you probably don't do the:
setenv LLNL_COMPILE_SINGLE_THREADED TRUE
- On the other hand, IBM has hundreds of environment variables and various compilers. Each site has various individual settings. Therefore, you should first try to compile and run some simple MPI-IO programs, both C and Fortran90, with the compilers,
- , respectively. Once you get your MPI parallel environment set up, you can proceed with the instructions mentioned above.