Latest Release: HDFView 3.1
HDFView is a visual tool for browsing and editing HDF4 and HDF5 files.
Using HDFView, you can
- view a file hierarchy in a tree structure
- create new files, add or delete groups and datasets
- view and modify the content of a dataset
- add, delete and modify attributes
About This Release: New features and changes, installation, documentation
Tutorial: Learn how to use HDFView to create, edit and view files
- Uses 64-bit object identifiers (for HDF5-1.10)
- Is packaged with the Java HDF4 and HDF5 Object packages
HDFView and the Java HDF Object Package for 32-bit object identifiers (HDF5-1.8) is ONLY available from the old support web site.
About This Release
HDFView 3.1 was built with HDF5-1.10.5, HDF4.2.14, and Open JDK 11.
It includes several important new features and changes:
- The HDFView software was reworked to reduce code duplication and to improve the display of objects. This will help significantly in maintaining the software.
- HDFView can now be built without the HDF4 library.
- Support was added for PPC64LE with GTK+-3.0.
Many bugs have also been fixed in this release. For a complete list of the new features and changes, please see the Release Notes.
See the detailed instructions included in the source code for installing the software.