The high-level HDF5 library includes several sets of convenience and standard-use APIs to facilitate common HDF5 operations.
- Lite — Functions to simplify creating and manipulating datasets, attributes and other features
- Images — Creating and manipulating HDF5 datasets intended to be interpreted as images
- Tables — Creating and manipulating HDF5 datasets intended to be interpreted as tables
- Packet Tables — Creating and manipulating HDF5 datasets to support append- and read-only operations on table data
- Dimension Scales — Creating and manipulating HDf5 datasets that are associated with the dimension of another HDF5 dataset
- Optimizations — Bypassing default HDF5 behavior in order to optimize for specific use cases
- Extensions — Working with region references, hyperslab selections, and bit-fields